Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 2

Well, here I am, 1:25 AM, and I'm still awake. Being on USA time biologically has allowed me to enjoy some of the nightlife. After last night's dinner cruise & ensuing shannanigans, we slept until 11AM today. It was wonderful.

Maegan, Matt's girlfriend, arrived around 11AM, just after we woke up. We went to Champs Elysees' and it was super crowded. The four of us had lunch at an Italian Cafe. It was fabulous. We had salade a cesar, which was so fresh (all the veggies here are). We also split a cheese & ham pizza, which was just delicious.After lunch, I got mom an I heart Paris shirt, to replace her old NY one. I also got several scarves.

Tonight was our Jazz Show at The Institute de Pasteur. We took a taxi, as it was about 3.5 KM from the apartment. We were the only Americans there. However, it was shocking how when the hostess greeted us, all I said was "do you speak english" in french, and she immediately turned into the most clearly fluent English woman we have met. She was so courteous and the show was phenomenal. Highlight of the show- encore #2 was basically a drum n bass jazz version of Britney Spears "Toxic". Everyone went wild, because it was so good. I am certain nobody else picked up the homage to the princess of pop. Also notably played was Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box" - the guy who played the piano- Yarron Herman, was just phenomenal. The Saint Germain Jazzfest did not dissapoint, and I dare to say that it will be the most local Parisian thing we do all week.After we got back to the Arc de Triomphe area, we went to a "drugstore", which was the most elaborate store I've ever been in. There were cigars, wine, cosmetics, pastries, the works. I am so excited to bring some of this home. We already bought some wine & chocolate to take home at the market earlier today, although we may have to refill it- I just had some on the balcony with wine! hehe

We had dinner at a sidewalk cafe, where we had our first foie gras (Duck Pate). We also had a cheese plate, something we vowed to do at every meal, as a homage to Beth Durham!

Pics to follow tomorrow. Tomorrow is day 3, and it is time to get started viewing the numerous museums - tomorrow we will visit Notre Dame & Saint Chapelle. We have also decided to have Sushi tomorrow night for dinner.

Another fabulous day in Paris! I am not certain at this point I am coming home.Just kidding- Although I will, I already know this time in the City of Lights is like forming memories you never forget in real time. This place is magical.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment